…Ok, so its actually 10:42, but 9:01 gives the illusion that I am an avid bloggerand just could not wait to tell you about the last 48 hours.
After the dramas in my previous post I pulled myself together and sewed up a storm from 12pm Tuesday until 1am Wednesday. It all worked out pretty ok bro. The elasticating overlocker is especially dreamy…mmm…and I only unpicked once. Then thankgoodness, despite being slightly tight and a little crinkled, the zig zag machine gods were looking down on me. Im pretty sure that thing is impossible to unpick…luckily I did’t have to. There are a few minor problems which sort themselves out when one the body.
Reflection of Production
I managed to do some pretty nifty thinking in order to convert this tech drawing design into an actual wearable garment
I overcame lots of obstacles and continued to better my garment quality.
I really learned to keep my cool and stay focused
the first assignment i would say i am happy with [production can always be more streamline though]
- My constant fixing made the swimsuit slightly smaller and I had to stretch and be creative when constructing the swimsuit
- The hip measurement could be a little larger and hence safer re: fitting
- The lining is stretched into place in parts, this causes a slighty bow in the back muscle section. This does fix itself when on the body though.
- The zig zag is a little tight
What I could do better:
- I can always be more patient and careful with production
- I could have made with small slits to place in the padding later hence avoiding difficult sewing
- My pattern when retraced at the end not amazing. I didn’t put cut notches into it.
- Detail, Detail, detail! I need to learn to be as obsessive as possible with production. It causes a lot of stress and tears but is well worth it in the end
Now…onto the artwork and presentation. I am going to take a very professional approach to the presentation and hopefully do some multimedia WOWING! …Its amazing what a bit of friendly competition will do to you.