FLOATIE-VILLE 2009!

Just came into studio, to experiment with the floaties – i had some spares so i have taped them up (layers and layers of tape) so they start to form one shape rather than sitting in their pockets as two shapes…

TAPED UP.

TAPED UP.

This is to ensure, that once in their pockets on the garment, when you touch them, they will be one air compartment rather than two wiggling around in their homes…

Then – another problem solving decision made from sample stage… When the fabric stretches, the colours from the floatie sheen through because when stretched, the fabric becomes sheer!

So in order to help this from happening – i have decided to spray paint them (including the blowholes) all black!

DOING SOME DAMAGE TO THE FASHION INDUSTRY.

DOING SOME DAMAGE TO THE FASHION INDUSTRY.

 

So right now its drying… i will go double check that its dry and investigate….

RESULT.

RESULT.

BLOW HOLES.

BLOW HOLES.

 

So obviously, tonight i just made do with a rough job just to see what the result would be like – will be doing a proper job on the real floaties for the final piece.

 

So hopefully by the end of tomorrow, i will have:

1) all floaties wrapped up properly and sprayed and left out to dry

2) all binding unpicked and new binding sewn

3) patterns on card ready for thursday morning

4) if the floaties are dried by the afternoon/night – start handsewing

 

WHICH ON TOP OF ALL THAT – finish drawing for fashion assessment for wednesday!!!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s